Greetings from the New South:-)

Moderator: chris young

Postby HoosickTony » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi All!

My name is Tony Malikowski, and I am one of the guys who's starting up the new Southern VT arm of the GMDGC. We are based at Willow Park in Bennington, but in the very near future we hope to have members across the whole state. True, that's only a one hour drive, but it sounds better than saying we'd like to knit together five small disc golf communities that are only separated by a couple of ridges.

There really isn't all that much down here yet for disc golfers: Hunter Park, Manchester (9 hole pay per play, soon to be 18); Beaver Lanes, Wilmington (18 hole private course); Austine DGC, Brattleboro(10 holes on what used to be a school for the deaf, currently under new ownership and closed, but might re-open soon); Newbrook Elementary School, Newfane (9 holes); and Willow Park, Bennington (18 holes in the ground, 14-17 playable depending on what you call playable). The best reviewed course is just 2.5 out of 5 discs on the DGCR site.

For now we're just looking to organize, start a doubles league, host a tournament or two, and get a voice in all future developments here at Willow so our course can be all that it can be. Ultimately we'd like to see a few more courses in the area, and so it makes sense to get together with you guys up north, because you've done a good job of growing the sport.

Thanks, and see you soon!
HoosickTony

Postby rangduce » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:45 am

Welcome to the gmdgc! Be careful, there's a lot of babies, but also a lot of cool folks too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure don't know what im gonna throw, but im gonna throw a disc for sure
rangduce

Re: Greetings from the New South:-)

Postby jspring » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Let's get a event at Beaver Lanes! I'd love to check that out and see that crew again.
jspring

Postby HoosickTony » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Just saw Beaver Lanes for the first time this past Wednesday... really cooooool group of guys, really nice vibe to the place.

I enjoyed playing there, it was a very entertaining course, lotsa whimsical touches :jocolor:
HoosickTony

Postby EBedell » Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Beaver lanes is amazing! So much fun
EBedell

Return to Southern Vermont GMDGC chapter