Black Falls XI GMPS #6

Moderator: chris young

Black Falls XI GMPS #6

Postby c_martin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Disc golf people of Vermont, New Hampshire, Canada, New York, Maine, and wherever the hell anyone else is traveling from. Here it is BLACK FALLS XI!

On Saturday July 15th 2017 Get ready to throw one of the best courses in northern VT.
Taking place at the Black Falls Disc Golf course in Montgomery VT.
If you have never been to the course well your are doing disc golf in the north east wrong and Johnny Betts would be disappointed. What better time to come see the course if have never been. This event is a must stop for anyone who considers themselves a wooded disc golf player. We were only 3 spots away from filling this event last year and Johnny said that was the biggest turnout he had seen in years. So lets fill it this year! Tell your friends and their friends and their friends.
Your TD's this year Again are myself (Chris Martin) and Corey Clark, also my lovely partner in life Miss Amelia will be helping with check ins and score counting. Also our son Elon will be there and is more than willing to chew on a mini marker or two.

Register here: https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournamen ... 7/register

2$ Goes to ace pot, if there is no ace there will be a throw off for half and the other half will carry over to the next tournament.
CTP's will be decided by tournament day.

All PRO divisions are 40$
All AM divisions are 30$
And Junior divisions are 20$
You can come Day of and pay in cash if there is room and it will also be 5$ more day of, so save your money for lunch and help out the TD's by Pre Registering.

Top 40% of PROS will be paid ca$h as is tradition
Top 40% of AMS will be paid with Brewster ridge $ who will also be on site vending if you want to get your hands on some plastic right away.

Schedule:
8:00-9:00am: Check-in
9:15 am: Players Meeting
9:30 am: Round 1 shotgun start
12:15-1:15 pm: lunch
1:30 pm or 30 min after last card is turned in: round 2

Going old school this year, first round Gold, Gold second round Silver Silver for everyone except the intermediate women and juniors who will do silver silver both rounds.
ONLY MPO WILL BE THROWING FROM THE GOLD TEES ON HOLE 1 AND 18 as we are trying to avoid any upsets this year ;)

The Big Jay Tavern will be returning to serve up lunch again so bring some cash or your own lunch cause we'd like to have a quick turnaround between rounds.

Can't wait to see everyone up here again. lets make this year one to remember at this awesome course!
c_martin

Re: Black Falls XI GMPS #6

Postby jmbailey175 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:21 am

Silver-silver!! Haven't played that in years - gonna be fun.
Jim Bailey 63390
jmbailey175

Postby chris young » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Silver/Silver is the only way Betts stands a chance.
chris young
Site Admin

Postby jmbailey175 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Tom Shanley MPO!
:O
Jim Bailey 63390
jmbailey175

Postby chris young » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 pm

$94 acepot carry over from BCO, come and get some Silver/Silver action and ca$h in!

Looks like Marcos and Steve could be playing MPO :o
chris young
Site Admin

Postby EBedell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:27 am

Looking to be a good mpo field. Nice to see some new faces stepping up!
EBedell

Postby chris young » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Save yourself the $5 day of fee and register today before online registration closes at 8pm tonight!
chris young
Site Admin

Postby c_martin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:04 am

Alright guys, field is just about 20 people shy of full but i think we'll have a few day of registrants. The weather looks like weather? :? lol make sure to bring your rain coats and umbrellas and extra boots. we will be taking lunch orders at check in so bring cash. we will have the options for you then, it will be the big jay tavern doing similar stuff to last year, we are just having him prep more before he comes up so we can get a faster turn around at lunch. grab a friend or two and lets get this tournament as close to full as we did last year. Our friends over at Mountain roots property have been on the course the last couple of days with the weed whackers and brush hogs doing work and the course looks great! It's a bit soft and will continue to be if the weather forecast is true so we'll have to try to avoid mucking it up to bad. See everyone tomorrow! :wave:
c_martin

Postby EvanS » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm in! sorry I didn't pre-reg Chris, it just aint my style ya know? I'll bring cash, see you bright and early!
EvanS

Postby c_martin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Thanks again to everyone who came out and played the tournament this past Saturday. It was great to see so many faces and it was awesome that the weather held for us all to play all day. What's not awesome is that the big jay tavern was 40$ short on the money that was collected for food ordering. While I realize it was not the best organized system I thought people would be honest with their ordering and putting money in for said order. Maybe some people didn't realize chips and drink were extra? Or maybe some people just went up and got food for free. Lesson learned on our part. Next year we will take orders and people can pay at the window. Aside from that all was good. Thank everyone for being patient with us as this was our second time running a tournament we are still are learning the ins and outs of making it go smooth, efficant, and fast. Gongrats to all the winners and everyone who placed. Can't wait to do it again next year. Oh and did anyone hear about Mike habets ridiculous second round? Lol nice shooting Mike \m/
c_martin

Next

Return to Tournaments